I had a problem with my down stream WSUS server, which it was not synchronizing with the Upstream server , i found that the update service is not started , when i tried to start it i got this error:
couldn’t Start the Update Services on local computer
Error ID 1053: The service didn’t respond to the start or control request in timely fashion
The solution was to modify the ServicesPipeTimeout entry on the registry:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- In the right pane, locate the ServicesPipeTimeout entry.
If the ServicesPipeTimeout entry does not exist, you must create it. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type ServicesPipeTimeout, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click ServicesPipeTimeout, and then click Modify.
- Click Decimal, type 60000, and then click OK.
This value represents the time in milliseconds before a service times out.
- Restart the computer.